Environmental Public Health Tracking Virtual Conference: June 11-12, 2019
The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD) has partnered with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/Environmental Health Tracking Program to host a virtual conference to: 1) raise awareness and knowledge about the environment’s role in asthma and other chronic diseases; and 2) highlight collaboration opportunities between state leaders, decision makers and practitioners working in environmental health and chronic disease prevention.
The theme for this year's event is "Tracking Success: 10 Years of Building Connections between Environmental Health and Chronic Disease" Conference content will include topics such as asthma, air quality, cancer, heart disease, health equity and the environment, and others.
This event is co-sponsored by:
- The Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO)
- The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
- National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
- To increase awareness and knowledge about the role of environmental hazards in asthma and other chronic diseases and to highlight the utility of the National Environmental Public Health Tracking Network in addressing these public health issues.
- To promote collaboration between public health leaders, subject matter experts and practitioners at state health departments across the United States and U.S. territories.
- To provide a forum for public health leaders, subject matter experts and public health practitioners at state health departments to share best practices and lessons learned.
At the end of the conference participants will be able to:
1) Describe how Tracking Program resources can be used to help prevent and control chronic diseases.
2) Discuss the successes of tracking programs in improving public health.
3) Support an integrated approach to chronic disease prevention and control.
Registraton Fee: Conference is free for all attendees
Please send any questions, comments, or technical questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org